Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Renting Hell

At writing time, I am still a home owner. Daily looking to rent an affordable, hopefully charming, 2 bedroom house w/ garage in my kids' school district. Soooooo over the lottery system we endure every year as an intra-district transfer family.

The process sucks. It's as bad as trying to woo a home seller during the peak of the real estate market. First, just try finding a house of any size for rent in the desired area. Then making contact with the owners & filling out the application. Make 2-3 friendly visits to check in on the process. Now, I'm being compared to people who have shown only mild interest in the rental and complete wishy-washy neurosis. Last time we talked I was a shoe in! My credit is amazing, I'm a home owner, I'm healthfully enmeshed in my community with schools & my job, and I'm consistent and offering the amount they want - RIGHT NOW! What??!?!? It's as if I have to promise them family tickets to the Price is Right, Dinner & 2 weeks at my time share!?!? (Which I don't have!) And what really sucks is I still want the place! So many pros for me & my kids! Grrrrr.....

1 comment:

CJ Omololu said...

Won't you be my neighbor?

Keeping fingers crossed!
XO